Natural Skin Brightening Serum: How To Treat Hyperpigmentation
Spring is known for cleansing and awakening, and it is also a prelude to the busiest wedding season of the year. Whether you are getting ready for your big day or simply want to shed winter's dull skin, addressing hyperpigmentation - and protecting against it - should be on your list for skin care goals.
What is Hyperpigmentation?
How to Treat Hyperpigmentation
The good news is that there are many tools to address dark spots on the skin, or hyperpigmentation.
The not-so-good news is that not all of them are effective, or safe for darker skin tones.
In clinic dark spot treatments: Dr. Jennifer Levine, a double-board certified facial plastic surgeon in New York City, treats hyperpigmentation with combination treatments that include non-invasive Frax 1940, microneedling and at-home skin care routine that includes retinoids and Vitamin C.
At-home skin brightening routine: Even if you are treating hyperpigmentation with in-clinic treatments, your at-home skin lightening routine is key to reaching your goal of glowing, even-toned skin.
Natural Skin Brightening Serum
You can achieve your goal by using skin care products with clean ingredients, which can also decrease the chances of developing a reaction or another skin condition.
The ideal natural skin brightening serum will contain potent ingredients that are packed with antioxidants, retinoids to help with cell turnover and brightening agents that inhibit the production of melanin.
However, these ingredients also have to play well together and not irritate your skin.
For example, Vitamin C should not be in the same bottle or skin care routine as Retinol because they cancel each other out. (Ideally, you would use Vitamin C in the morning before sunscreen and Retinol at night to avoid sun exposure.)
One of the key reasons why MOOD's ILLUMINATE Face Serum is preferred by skin experts to treat hyperpigmentation on all skin types and tones is its cohesive combination of skin brightening ingredients with broad spectrum CBD, which acts as a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, which allows the highly potent ingredients to do their job without any reported skin reactions.
Ingredients in ILLUMINATE include:
- Retinaldehyde: The most potent form of Vitamin A (retinol) available without a prescription, Retinaldehyde works up to 11X faster than Retinol in cell turnover, demonstrating glowing skin in as few as 4 - 6 weeks.
- Kojic Acid: This super-ingredient prevents the formation of melanin, which gives sun and age spots their color. As a result, it helps brighten your complexion.
- Licorice Root: Licorice extract is a natural skin lightening alternative to chemical hydroquinone.
- Turmeric: Curcuma Longa has been used for thousands of years to address hyperpigmentation in all skin types and tones and is a strong anti-inflammatory.
- Broad Spectrum CBD: A powerful antioxidant, CBD does the job Vitamin C cannot in this natural skin brightening serum as it would be neutralized by Retinaldehyde (or any version of Retinol). "Broad Spectrum" means that it has no T^H^C and therefore no psychoactive effect. It also means that it contains CBG, a powerful ingredient in skin care that is being studied to help slow the progress of skin cancers. Because CBD and CBG are also powerful anti-inflammatory ingredients, they help skin better absorb and tolerate the other potent ingredients in the serum.
*These statements are found to be accurate as of the time this blog is published.
Except where otherwise indicated, statements regarding products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.